Ascension Bay Permit Tournament
The Tournament is for "Fly Fishing Only" and on a "Catch & Release" basis. The Tournament follows the IGFA rules (International Game Fishing Association). Each guide / Boat will be provided with measuring tape and tag of the day. Each anglers must take a pictures or video of the fish in order to validate the catch. Any permit caught must be photographed or filmed both while in the water during the fishing action and on the booat close to the fishing ribbon to document the size of the fish and nex to the competitor's badge. In absence of the picture or a video the catch will not be listed in the tournament.
Each angler must report and give back badge and measuring items at the return from the fishing. Non reported anglers will have 10 penalty points.
Tournament Schedule May 2017:
- 04:00 pm: Punta Allen: meeting at the park and registration of competitors and last updates on the tournament. Presentation of the team (boat/guide/angler) participating.
- 05:00 pm: Opening of the tournament with Buffett aperitif in the park.
- 07:00 pm: Dinner at your lodge.
May 21 "1st Tournamient Day":
- 07:00 am: Breakfast at yout Lodge.
- 08:00 am: final briefing with captains.
- 08:30 am: Start of the 1st day of the competition with boat/guide/assistant guide and a team of 2 anglers per boat. (lunch/beverage on fishing will be supplied by your lodge)
- 04:00 pm: All the teams stop fishing and return to Punta Allen pier. If a permit is caught each guide must note size, name of the angler and picture of the catch in order to update the scoreboard.
- 07:00 pm: Dinners at your lodge.
May 22 "2nd tournament Day":
- Same Program as 1st day.
May 23 "3th Tournament Day":
- Stop fishing at 3:00 pm and return to the pier for the final Update of the scoreboard.
- 05:00 pm: final check and presentation of the tournament's winners. Tournament Winner will receive a prize from the loca organization and will have their names added in "Hall of Fame" of the tournament.
- 06:30 pm: Buffet party in the park. During the evening a fly fishing materials auction will be organized to get resources for the children.
- Departure Day
(*Daily tournament departure from the main pier in Punta Allen)
Tackles & Rules
value usd 10,000
value usd 6,000
value usd 3,000
Sculpture* for Biggest Permit
Sculpture* for biggest Tarpon
Sculpture* for biggest Snook
Sculpture* for biggets Bonefish
Sculpture* for the best guide team.
*Iron Sculpture hand made by Italian artist Alberto Coppini